For reflection on the final part of this module and the module as a whole please see here
Assignment Five – Stage 7 – Reflection
- Reflection on Assignment Five & ...
- Assignment Five – Stage 6 ̵... — For this final sample I pulled together the key elements I wanted to develop in the piece: I began with a selection of wool fibres, choosing colours from nature to reflect the concept of ancient carvings, hewn from the rough rock. Layering the colours of browns, golds, greens I hand-felted the fibres so that they [...]
- Assignment Five – Stage 5 ̵... — The sorting section for Assignment Five can be found here [...]
- Assignment Five: Sorting — Sorting Reviewing the sampling process proved enlightening. Stepping back from my work and viewing as independently and critically as possible was a valuable, if quite challenging, exercise. However, I had been quite thorough in evaluating each piece so I had already started the process when I reached the sorting exercise. A number of the pieces [...]
- Assignment Five – Stages 3 ... — Materials, Technique & Texture Following on from the initial sampling exercise I decided to take my experiments with felting further. Having researched felting artists I liked the way in which Anneke Copier creates surface texture in felt and uses it to develop sculptural pieces. I also find the work felted works of Dagmar Binder offer [...]